MoonDB v2.0 (January 2018 datafreeze):
MoonDB v2.0 contains an updated list Extreme Multifunctional (EMF) protein candidates from the MoonGO pipeline, as well as manually curated extreme multifunctional or moonlighting proteins.
The detection of EMF proteins is dependent on knowledge of protein-protein interactions and GO term annotations, therefore the list of candidates varies with the increase of functional knowledge for each species.
MoonDB will be updated every year with a new list of EMF proteins.
How to cite:
- Ribeiro, Diogo M., Galadriel Briere, Benoit Bely, Lionel Spinelli, Christine Brun. MoonDB 2.0: an updated database of extreme multifunctional and moonlighting proteins. Nucleic Acids Research gky1039 (October 29, 2018), doi:10.1093/nar/gky1039.
- Chapple, Charles E., Benoit Robisson, Lionel Spinelli, Céline Guien, Emmanuelle Becker, and Christine Brun. Extreme Multifunctional Proteins Identified from a Human Protein Interaction Network. Nature Communications 6 (June 9, 2015): 7412. doi:10.1038/ncomms8412.
Overlapping clustering algorithm (OCG):
- Becker, Emmanuelle, Benoît Robisson, Charles E. Chapple, Alain Guénoche, and Christine Brun. Multifunctional Proteins Revealed by Overlapping Clustering in Protein Interaction Network. Bioinformatics (Oxford, England) 28, no. 1 (January 1, 2012): 84–90. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/btr621.
GO term dissimilarity (PrOnto):
- Chapple, Charles E., Carl Herrmann, and Christine Brun. PrOnto Database : GO Term Functional Dissimilarity Inferred from Biological Data. Frontiers in Genetics 6 (2015): 200. doi:10.3389/fgene.2015.00200.
Note on the definition of moonligthing proteins and extreme multifunctional proteins:
- Chapple, Charles E., Christine Brun. Redefining protein moonlighting. Oncotarget (2015): 6(19): 16812–16813.
Who are we?
MoonDB is developed and maintained by the Network Biology group at the TAGC, Inserm U1090, Marseille, France.
Website developed by Diogo M. Ribeiro. Logo designed by Zacharie Menetrier.
Do you have questions or suggestions? Drop us an email:
For technical-related queries please contact Lionel Spinelli: lionel.spinelli[[at]]univ-amu.fr
For other queries please contact Christine Brun: christine.brun.2[[at]]univ-amu.fr